Skip to main content

Match

  Match The story of a woman who was deprived of her life, and suffered from the vicissitudes of life. His lips were shaking slowly. He wanted to say something but could not. Anna had a feeling that she knew what Conrad was going to say. Every woman knows what men say on such occasions.   This had happened to Anna many times before. Every time she heard the sound of the call bell, she was poorly startled. This was because the bell was installed near the sink in the kitchen. Therefore, whenever she was near the sink and someone pressed a finger on the bell button, the loud sound would startle Anna badly. And that's why neither her husband nor her family used this bell. They knew what kind of condition Anna got after hearing the sound of this bell. She was busy preparing food for the family when the loud sound of the bell startled her. This time the voice was a little louder, so Anna was startled a little more accordingly.   She kept the knife aside and walked fast to the door. Two p

Hidden Love

     Hidden Love     


 Paul pushed me and kicked me so hard that I fell on my head in the dustbin. He did not just finish on this but went ahead and hit me on the back with a punch and shouted.

"I know you are the one who spread garbage inside this street. If you try to litter, here again, I will not leave you alive."

Without waiting for my reply, he entered his house.


 I barely pulled myself out of the garbage can. I was afraid that Paul might come out of his house again and start beating an innocent person like me. When I was relieved that he would no longer come out, I began to collect my newspapers lying in the street, while also looking with eyes at Paul's house.


 I had all the famous newspapers. Public ledgers and North America were lying close to the drain. The Journal of Commerce was split into two. The New York Times was in slightly better shape. Whereas The Times had fallen in such a way that there was a big smudge of petrol and soil on it. I was beginning to grieve at the sight of what a dirty spot Miss Elizabeth would see when she opened her newspaper to read it. I certainly wouldn't have been hurt if any other newspaper had a blot like this, but The Times had a different point. It was Miss Elizabeth's favorite newspaper. Miss Elizabeth was the prettiest, cutest, and most adorable girl in the world.


 If someone my age had hit me like this instead of Paul, I would have punched him and broken his nose. If a boy does not learn to compete with the enemy after watching a movie full of action, then understand that his money will be wasted. But fighting Paul was like fighting a mouse with an elephant. He was twenty-five or thirty years old, or perhaps even older. He had also been the champion of national football for two years. He also served in the army for a few days, but then later he was expelled from there because of not following the rules. After coming back from the army, Paul served in many places, but in no place did he work for a long time.

 Now he was an assistant to the manager in Mrs. Fatty's tavern. Early in the morning, he beat me up because maybe he had come back from the tavern at the same time and was very drunk.   As far as his street was concerned, it was as clean as a mirror. Don't know why it came to his mind that garbage is spread in the street. And the most surprising thing was that he held me responsible for this. Never mind Mr. Paul! Sometimes the days are big and sometimes the nights. One day I have to grow up too. Then I will see you, I will take such a chance that you will not be able to get up and drink even water.

 Paul used to park his Ford behind Mrs. Fatty's tavern. In the morning, when I used to go out with the agent with the newspaper, he was lying on the seat like a bale. and the sound of snoring could be heard coming from his mouth.

Often a whiskey bottle was also lying next to him. I never understood why he does not sleep after going to his house.


 We were four newspaper boys. We also had a secret business apart from selling and distributing newspapers. If you walk around the roads, streets, and markets at least an hour before sunrise in the morning, then many fallen things are found and many things fall by mistake and many things are thrown intentionally. Once Mikel distributes newspapers on Route No 1, got a decent radio transistor. I always got a lot more peanuts from threshing bags of peanuts during the hot season. Searching the dustbins, every second and third day, I found several useless bottles, which I used to sell to the junkyard at good prices. Once I even found a deck of cards that were only three cards short.


 My house was on a high hill. From there I would go out every morning at five o'clock to distribute the newspaper, the lights of the roads and streets would keep on burning till six and half past six. The four-light pole at the crossroads reminded me of a large lighthouse, and I thought of myself as a sailor, riding my little bicycle, traveling a long distance with a ship carrying passengers. Sometimes my bicycle would make me the pilot of the plane, and sometimes the driver of the engine leaving the smoke of the passenger train. I naturally wanted to be a responsible and important person to be trusted and at whose behest the lives of millions of human beings depend and who sees things that others cannot see.


 In the morning I used to think from the bottom of my heart to see the smiling face of Miss Elizabeth. But so early in the morning why should she disturb sleep for the sake of a newspaper boy? It happened very rarely, once in a month or maybe two months, when she was seen standing near the door. However, Dr. Scherez, who was her father, used to meet occasionally in the morning. Sometimes he would have come after seeing a patient and sometimes he would be going to someone. He was counted among the successful doctors of our small town.


 I have already told you about Miss Elizabeth that she was the most beautiful girl in the world and I was in love with her a thousand times. Often when I came back from school in the afternoon, she would be seen standing near the flowering plants in her garden. Seeing her, I would get down from my small cycle and ask about her well-being, she would walk up to me smiling and ask me questions about school. And she would ask which books am I reading these days.? Asked the names of the teachers who were cruel. Then calculate how much time it will take for me to pass high school. Sometimes she would tell me the names of the story books and she would suggest reading them. She used to read these books during her school time, if I did not get the book mentioned by her from the library, then she used to give me her accumulated books with the instruction not to spoil them. I would zealously protect his books. The truth is that I used to read his books less and smelled more. I used to feel her very sweet fragrance in them.


 Some days she looked very happy and some days she looked very sad. But she was such a nice girl that she still used to talk. Whenever I told her about my future and that I would grow up to be either a pilot or a film hero, she would listen to me with a lot of seriousness. It never happened that she made fun of me like my sister Helen.


 Let me tell you a secret I had decided that when I grow up, I will marry Miss Elizabeth only. But I never told this to Elizabeth, I don't know why I was ashamed to tell this. I knew that at the time of marriage I must be at least twenty years old. The age of twenty meant that Miss Elizabeth must have been thirty or forty years old at that time. But I was in love with Miss Elizabeth not by age. Even if she turns a thousand years old, she will still be so beautiful and so sweet.

 Once my sister Helen told her friend a very bad thing about Miss Elizabeth. She said that nowadays Paul is following Miss Elizabeth and trying to have an affair with her. I got so angry that I wanted to scratch the faces of Helen and her friend, but I acted very patiently. By evening my health deteriorated, I also prayed that the time may pass fast and I become twenty years old. And get Miss Elizabeth out of a scoundrel, cruel and drunken man like Paul. But all the prayers of no one in this world are accepted, if this happens, then this world itself will become a paradise.


 One morning, when I was putting Miss Elizabeth's favorite newspaper, The Times, she opened the door. She was looking beautiful as always. Her eyes seemed to be smiling. She asked me 


"Can I do a little work for her?"


small job? I could have done the biggest thing for her, let's see by saying that. If she had told me to kill, rob, and even set Paul's car on fire, I would have done all these things. But I didn't say all these things to her, just said


 "Why not Miss Elizabeth? I'll do your work."


 "It is very secret work." She came so close to me that the fragrance of her body was felt in my nose.


 "Think well before making a promise that you will not let anyone know, no one.

 This secret will remain between me and you only."


 I understood that maybe she wants to express love in the same way as it is shown in films. I felt scared that my heart would stop beating as soon as the words of love came out of her mouth.


 "Speak," she said, smirking. "Can I trust you?"


 I said nonchalantly "I won't tell anyone, Miss Elizabeth".


 She sat there on the grass and made me sit so close to her that her white shins touched my feet. "Have you seen Mrs. Fatty's tavern?"


 "Yes, I go there every day to put the newspapers there."


 "There is a small field on the back of the tavern. At the end of the field is a beautiful colored house. There is a red letterbox on the door of that house.


 I knew she was talking about Paul's house. But I did not like to cut her talk. She kept saying this. "I want you to open that letterbox every morning. Take out the envelope kept in it and bring that envelope to the glass jar kept in the window of my room.


 Do you understand me? Don't be seen doing it. No one will ever know what you are doing."


I said, "No Miss Elizabeth, nobody will know."


 "Have you figured out what to do?"


 "Yes, Miss Elizabeth I understand very well. The letterbox envelopes on the gray house are to be put in the jar of your window and the envelopes in the jar are to be put in the letterbox and this is to be done in the morning before the sun rises."


 "It's all right, but remember this is our secret, mine and yours. Well now tell me how much money should you be given to watch the film?"


 She opened her handbag to withdraw money and many coins fell on the grass. And a round golden object went into the bed of the rolling plants. I moved quickly and picked up the thing. It was a golden wristwatch with large letters on its back that read "Elizabeth Scherez".


 "Thank you a lot, thank you." She took the watch from my hand and put it in her bag again. "Last year dad brought me this watch from Italy, its chain has become loose so I use it only on special occasions. And still, I am afraid that it might fall. Yes, how much money to watch the movie Shall I? I think a dollar would be enough."


  A dollar was a big amount for a newspaper distributor. who Earns a full week. "No Miss Elizabeth, I won't take anything from you, not even a cent," I said quickly, I was afraid that the love of the dollar might overpower the love of Elizabeth. "It's a very trivial job and I have to go through those paths daily. If I need it, I will ask you myself.


 "You promise?"


 I knew I wouldn't be able to ask Elizabeth for anything, yet I nodded my head in a yes. "Yes, I promise."


"Will you have any problem doing this work?"


"No, there will be no problem."


 I wanted to say that I would be happy to do your work. But I have told you that I feel ashamed while doing such things, although if I had told this thing to her, she would have been very happy. And she does not make fun of me like Helen.


 That's how the work started. I remembered that the envelopes are for whom. I also remembered that Paul had beaten me up for no fault. I also knew that Paul was the worst person of all. If this is called drinking sips of blood, then I was really drinking sips of blood. You will remember that I had thought that I would take revenge on Paul. But instead of taking revenge, I was taught to carry envelopes to him every day.


 One day mom was talking to aunty on the telephone. Whenever she used to talk to Aunty on the phone, she used to speak so loudly that even if the receiver was removed, her voice would reach Aunty. 


 "What's the matter with Elizabeth?" she was saying.


 "There is one better boy than the other for her .".....No, what does the poor doctor know, he remains engrossed in his patients day and night. .... you see Elizabeth will cry holding her head. 


.... Can't expect loyalty from Paul..... Do you remember what happened to Gloria?


 Why did Rosie commit suicide?....... Elizabeth has gone mad. ....... Well what do we mean to anyone?


 If her father doesn't care about her then who are we? Leave these things, tell me when are you coming to our house?”


 That day, for the first time, I learned that everything I had thought about Paul was absolutely correct. Elizabeth, in her innocence, thinks of the villain as a hero. If I take a little courage to tell her that I really love her, she will end the relationship with Paul.


 But I did not have that much courage. Many times I had left the house after remembering the dialogue but everything was forgotten upon seeing Elizabeth's beautiful face. I couldn't figure out how to help Elizabeth. Shall I tell Dr. Scherez what wrong Paul has done?


 There was no time to tell Dr. Sherz. The next day as I was putting the envelope in the jar, I heard the sound of someone speaking loudly from Elizabeth's room.


 "I say you won't meet Paul any longer. He's not a nice guy. The whole town knows what kind of guy he is. If I find out you don't stop meeting him, I'll break your legs and kill Paul." I will do it even if I have to sit in an electric chair later."


 Putting the envelope, I secretly left from there. Come on, son Paul, your last day is near. I know you will not agree without meeting Elizabeth and as a result, Doctor Scherez will kill you. If I ever see you with Elizabeth, I will, first of all, inform Dr. Scherez, and the day you die, my newspapers will sell well.


 On the third day of this incident, when I was going to distribute the newspaper, I saw Paul's Ford coming from the front. The daylight had not yet spread, yet Ford's headlights were not lit. I was immediately on the side of the road. When Ford passed by me, I was deeply saddened and perhaps even angry that Elizabeth was sitting next to Paul.


 Later, I could see this scene again and again throughout the summer. I think at least twenty or twenty-two times I must have seen Elizabeth return home with Paul like this. But not once did I have the courage to tell Doctor Scherez anything about Paul's absurdity.


 As summer came to an end, two special things happened. There was a reduction in the transfer of envelopes, now only envelopes kept in Elizabeth's jars were to be delivered to Paul's letterbox. But there was not a single envelope in Paul's letterbox that could be put in Elizabeth's jar.

 Secondly, Dr. Scherez went to Mrs. Fatty's tavern to meet Paul. At that time I was coming back from my agent with a weekly commission. When I saw Dr. Scherez entering Fatty's bar, my heart wanted to see Paul being murdered with my own eyes.


 You will know that boys of my age are not allowed to go to the bar, but I was no ordinary petty. I was a newspaperman. And the newspaperman must be at least intelligent enough to manage the time on his own.


 Behind Dr. Scherez, I also entered the bar, and told me on the counter that suddenly my stomach started hurting so I needed a bottle of soda. I went and sat down at the table next to them. Obviously, no one can stop a young boy crying with a stomach ache from drinking soda.


 "I have come to talk to you very important." Doctor Scherez told Paul.


 "Thank you, you came on your own. For many days I myself have been restless to talk to you."

 "Say what you want to say."


 "No, first you say you are my elders."


 "I know you and Elizabeth like each other?"


 "Correct your words a little bit," said Paul. Your daughter likes me very much. 


 "Let's be right," said Doctor Scherez. "Elizabeth likes you, so I thought I should get rid of this duty as soon as possible by getting the two of you married."


 "How can this happen, sir?"


 "Why is there any problem?" he asked in amazement.


 "I'm married, sir, and I have three kids. Since they don't like the weather here, they're settled in California."


  I thought Dr. Scherez was about to shoot his pistol out of his pocket, but he himself remained sitting as if someone had killed him.


 "I have some of your daughter's letters," Paul said sarcastically. "Won't be more than a hundred. I want to return those letters to you for just ten thousand dollars so that you will not have any problem later.”


  "You want to blackmail me?" asked the doctor in a painful tone.


  "I want to protect your honor. Appreciate this noble gesture of mine."


  Dr. Scherez thought for a while, then said,

 "I'm going to New Jersey by tonight's train for three days. I'll be back on Wednesday. Your money will be paid on Thursday. You must bring all of Elizabeth's letters. Not a single letter remains.”


 "I have always given proof of honesty in this regard," said Paul with a smile. "You can't tell of a person to whom I haven't returned all the letters honestly. If I get the right amount, Doctor! So I consider it illegal to keep even a letter from a girl with me."


  My soda had run out so I stood up silently and went to the counter and paid the amount.

"How's the stomach ache now?" The girl who was stiff on the counter asked me while taking the money.


 "Not in the stomach," I said in a strange tone and I was absolutely right.


 "It's aching in my heart right now." And saying this, I took a quick step out of Mrs.

Fatty's tavern.


  The next morning, as I was going to distribute the newspapers according to my routine, I saw Elizabeth coming from the same path as she used to sit in the Ford with Paul. This time she was not in Ford. Paul wasn't even with her. I knew she wouldn't like someone to see her coming from here, so I hid near the bushes.


 When she passed by me I realized that she was very upset and nervous, maybe she was shivering too. Surely she must have had a fight with Paul. Surely she must have told Paul why he is blackmailing her father and she must have complained to Paul why did he cheat on her when he has already married and was the father of three children?"


  I wanted to go after her and console her and say something to her that would give her comfort. But no why am I so shy? I sat lurking in the bushes and felt sorry for her condition.

 When she left, I gathered up my newspapers and hurried to the little ground behind Mrs. Fatty's tavern. There was, as always, Paul's Ford. I proceeded, as usual, Paul lay like a bundle on the front seat of the car. I had seen him sleeping in this condition many times before this.

But this time the car seat was soaked in blood. He had a small hole in his head, from which drops of blood were falling slowly, dripping down. And this time there was not even an empty bottle of whiskey lying next to him.

 I grabbed the newspaper with both hands and hurriedly ran towards my agent's shop. Due to nervousness and confusion on the way, I stumbled and fell many times, but somehow I reached the shop.

 On hearing the news, the agent picked up the phone and asked the operator to connect Dr. Scherez's number.

 "The doctor is not at home," said the operator. "He's gone to NewJersey last evening and won't be back before three days."

 You do not know the operator of our city. News in the newspaper comes later, earlier she gets to know. If you want, you can even ask her what is cooked today at such a house in the city.

"Well, if the doctor is not there, then connect the number of the police station.


 In no time a large crowd of people gathered on the grounds of Mrs. Fatty's tavern. There were many of them who had reached there in sleeping suits. The thing is that when our telephone operator comes to know about something new, she, first of all, informs her mother about that matter.


 And her mother, realizing that the public is the rightful owner of this news, announces it to the whole city.

I no longer had the courage to enter the crowd and see Paul's body, so I sat down on one side of the field and listened to those passing by.


 Doctor Simon was saying that "Paul is dead. He hasn't been dead long. An hour or two ago, someone has fired three shots at his forehead with a gun. This must have been the act of a rogue friend of his."


 When Paul's body was gone, took Ford away and the crowd was over, the newspaper agent came to me.


 "After today's accident you are completely nervous, go home and rest. I will get your newspapers distributed by someone else."


 But I said, "No, I will distribute my newspapers myself."


 So I immediately went off to distribute the newspapers.


 There was complete silence in Elizabeth's house. Colorful flowers were blooming in the garden. When I put Elizabeth's favorite newspaper "The times" on the door, no one was there.

After putting down the newspaper, I went to the window in Elizabeth's room. There was still a glass jar there.


 At that moment the door opened and Elizabeth came out. She quietly picked up the newspaper and stood up as if she did not understand what to say or do. Rather I think she didn't even know that I was standing near her window.


 I turned to the window and passed with small steps in front of Elizabeth. When I reached the gate, I stopped turning around and gestured her towards the jar kept in the window. With great difficulty and after a long time she understood my point and turned towards the window.


 As soon as she turned towards the window, I ran away from there. You already know that I am very shy. How could I see that Elizabeth picked up my letter from a glass jar and a round golden object, which she said wristwatch, and had "Elizabeth Scherez " printed in a large letter on its back.

The thing is that today I had kept the last envelope in the jar and this was the subject of the small letter kept in that envelope.


 "This wristwatch of yours soaked in blood was lying near Paul's body. Be careful of God's sake."



 Always in love with you

 Your slave

 John price

 Newspaper boy - route no. 2



The End

                                                                                             


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reunion In The Ring

    Reunion In The Ring   The hatreds and loves of the days of war continue to play even in the condition of peace. The story of the patience and bravery of a helpless boxer who came under the occupation of the Germans, he did not forget any excess that happened to him. T all and strong, the Norwegian boxer Carland dominated his rival from the start. After all, he landed such a decisive right punch on Mike's face that every spectator in the stadium gasped uncontrollably. At the same time, without giving Mike a chance to recover, he hit his left punch in the stomach with such force that his wrist came back only after sinking almost to the elbow. This attack proved to be the last. The reason for Mike's biggest fame was that he had not been knocked out for a long time in his professional life. But at this point, he slowly piled on the ring floor like an old sinking ship and the referee started the count. Carland stood on the ropes in the neutral corner with his arms outs

THE DEAD LETTER

      THE DEAD LETTER The story of a murderer who falls prey to haste. The murderer had arrived before him. All hope of life was gone. He drew the attention of the murderer to his last letter, but now he was not ready to listen and understand anything. The fire of revenge alienated him from his senses. C harles Henderson was sitting with his elbows on the table, his head bowed, and both hands on his temples. He was completely alone in his study.  There was a deep silence in the room. The table lamp on the table was bright and the circle of yellow lit a bottle of whiskey and glass near Charles. There was whiskey in the glass. There was no sound in the room except the ticking of the wall clock.  Charles was deep in thought. Behind Charles, the door opened very slowly and a man entered with silent steps like a shadow. He had a revolver in his hand. "What's up Charles Henderson!"  Suddenly, the newcomer's voice was h

Blind Mirror

                        Blind Mirror The story of the man who was looking at his reflection in the mirror The girl herself woke up. I neither called her nor shook her. She was a minor actress and her name was Margie. If I had not been acquainted with her in detail, I would have thought of her as Martha. Her jawline, cheekbones, and thin steep nose were very similar to Martha's.  Especially looking at her hair, it definitely seemed so. Her hair was curly and scattered like the gold wire on the pillow. I was aware of the fact that actresses sleep very late. It was ten o'clock in the day and her eyes were in a hangover. The sun's rays were coming in through the eastern window and falling straight on her face.  She put one hand on her face as if she wanted to shake off the rays. With the other hand, she moved her blanket. She was wearing a thin fabric nightgown. Martha also used to wear this type of nightgown. I remember that when she was near, I used to look